- I'm on a holy mission to remove all memes and motivational posters from my personal Facebook feed. All I want to see on Facebook are my friends' own personal pictures, stories, and opinions on the day's news. I never noticed until now, how many American radio stations have FB accounts. I've probably clicked "Hide all from _____" a thousand times--and it has made a difference, truly!--but still they come, a never-ending avalanche of minions and Ram Dass quotes.
- Meanwhile, on Tumblr, not only is my feed filled with memes, I subscribe to people who create them. I actively reblog them. That might make me kind of a hypocrite, or it might mean I want what I want, where I want it.
- The rumor is, Netflix will announce the renewal of their series Sense8 on Saturday, August 8 (which is a significant date for the show's characters, not to get too spoilery). And speaking of Tumblr, I'm here to say if they don't renew this series, I predict Tumblr fangurls will have an absolute meltdown, me included.
- So, my lawn is dead. Dead, dead, dead. Dead as folk music, as they used to say before
Fleet FoxesIron and Wine turned up. It's unbelievably depressing to look at--and of course, we look at it multiple times a day. What should be done with this expanse of dirt and yellow grass?
- Groom and I are hosting the book club this Saturday. Last I heard, 18 people had committed to attending. Our little living room will be crammed to the limit. Why hasn't anyone invented bunk couches? You could stack two couches and seat twice as many people along one wall. Someone invent this, please! And send it to me before Saturday.